World of Warcraft PTR Patch 3.3.3
Letztes Update: 20. Februar 2010
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/testrealm.html
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/patchnotes/
- Copied Test Realm characters are not copied with their achievement history in order to better facilitate the character copy process.
- The amount of Honor awarded for an Honorable Kill has been increased by 100% for characters of all levels. Given that completing objectives in Battlegrounds and Wintergrasp rewards players Honor based on an Honorable Kill conversion rate, this change means that completing such objectives will award slightly more Honor. To offset against this, experience gains in Battlegrounds have been reduced by 50% and Honor awarded for completing each Wintergrasp weekly quest has been reduced by 50%.
- The Random Battleground system has been added! Similar to the Random Dungeon system in the Dungeon Finder, players can now queue for a random Battleground.
- The Random Battleground option can be found in the Battleground tab of the PvP frame and is only available for level 80 characters at this time.
- If this option is selected, players may not queue for specific Battlegrounds and a random Battleground simultaneously.
- Similar to the Random Dungeon system, players will not know for which Battleground they are chosen when selected from the queue until they zone into the Battleground.
- The Random Battleground option will only allow a group size of 5 players to queue together.
- Bonus rewards will be offered for choosing the Random Battleground option.
- Winning a Battleground using the Random Battleground option for the first time in a day will award players with 30 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
- Winning additional Battlegrounds using the Random Battleground option after the first random win will award players with 15 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
- Losing a Battleground using the Random Battleground option will award players with 5 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
- Daily Battleground quests have been removed in place of the Random Battleground option.
- Battlegrounds will no longer award Marks of Honor.
- Players with existing Marks of Honor can still turn them in to their respective faction’s quest givers.
- Items which previously required Marks of Honor will have their costs adjusted to remove these requirements.
- Whenever a Battleground has the holiday bonus active, it will now be referred to as "Call to Arms" in the Battleground tab and Calendar. In addition, Battleground holiday weekend Honor rewards have been changed.
- Choosing a specific Battleground during its holiday weekend will yield the exact same rewards as when choosing the Random Battleground option.
- Winning a holiday Battleground for the first time in a day will award players with 30 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
- Additional holiday Battleground victories after the first win for a player that day will award them with 15 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
- Losing a Battleground during its holiday weekend will award players with 5 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
- When using the Random Battleground option, players will not receive additional rewards if the Battleground chosen is in its holiday weekend.
- The internal balance system now only changes when a faction achieves 2 consecutive defenses after an initial capture of Wintergrasp, up from 1.
Dungeons & Raids
- Dungeon Finder
- The Deserter debuff given to players who leave a dungeon prematurely when queuing via the Random Dungeon option has been increased to 30 minutes, up from 15 minutes. The cooldown for using the Dungeon Finder remains 15 minutes.
- Anyone in a dungeon party can now re-queue their group for a dungeon, as players will still be prompted whether or not to accept their chosen role.
- The Vote Kick cooldown has been removed. Players who use the Vote Kick option will now be prompted to provide a reason.
- More generous level requirements will be used instead of Random Dungeon level requirements so that players of different levels joining together will be eligible for a greater number of dungeons.
- World Event bosses (such as Ahune for the Fire Festival) will now be accessible through the Dungeon Finder. Players must use the Dungeon Finder to access these bosses.
- Culling of Stratholme
- Players may now skip the initial introduction dialog to this dungeon once they have completed it at least once.
- Several raid buffs have had their ranges increased to 100 yards, up from 45 yards, to prevent select buffs from repeatedly getting applied and removed during highly mobile encounters. Some buffs, such as paladin auras, totems, shouts and Blood Pact are intentionally meant to have shorter ranges and remain unchanged.
- Rune of Razorice: Now stacks 5 stacks of 2% Frost Vulnerability instead of 10 stacks of 1% Frost Vulnerability. Proc chance changed to 100%.
- Abomination’s Might: This effect is now passive instead of being a proc on certain strikes. Rank 1 is 5% attack power and Rank 2 is 10% attack power. The self strength buff remains unchanged.
- Improved Icy Talons: This effect is now passive instead of being a proc. The self haste buff remains unchanged.
- Unbreakable Armor: The amount of strength granted is now 20%, up from 10%.
- Arcane Empowerment: This effect is now passive instead of being a proc off of critical strikes. The self damage buff remains unchanged.
- Incanter’s Absorption: This talent now only grants additional spell power when damage is absorbed by Mana Shield, Frost Ward, Fire Ward, or Ice Barrier. The limit of 5% of the mage’s health on the spell power buff has been removed.
- Brain Freeze: This talent now allows your next Fireball or Frostfire Bolt to be instant and cost no mana. There is a small internal cooldown to keep the Frostfire Bolt from immediately triggering Brain Freeze again.
- Rupture: The damage-over-time component of this ability can now produce critical strikes.
- Flame Shock: The damage-over-time component of this ability can now produce critical strikes and is affected by spell haste.
- Elemental Combat
- Elemental Oath: This ability is now always on as a passive aura.
- Unleashed Rage: This ability is now always on as a passive aura.
- Rampage: This effect is now passive instead of being a proc from critical strikes.
- Frozo the Renowned has moved into the Dalaran Magus Commerce Exchange and will be trading your Frozen Orbs for various other trade goods.
- Mechanostriders: Summoning any of these mounts is now perfectly mechanical-sounding!
- Runed Orbs: Recipes which require this item have had their material requirements significantly reduced.
- Titansteel Bar: Creating this item no longer results in a cooldown.
- The "Monsterbelly Appetite" daily fishing quest has changed so it now takes place outside the Violet Hold in Dalaran. The quest still requires a Severed Arm and has been renamed to "Disarmed!"
- Most recipes that required 2 inks now only require 1.
- Glacial Bag: Creating this item now invokes a 7-day cooldown.
- The cooldown and location requirements have been removed from creating Moonshroud, Spellweave and Ebonweave.
- Many quests which require vehicles have had their vehicle mechanics updated and improved in the interest of fun.
- Auction House
- Players can now Alt + Left-Click to place an item in the Auction frame.
- Quest items in a player’s inventory which begin quests now each have an exclamation point overlaid on their icons to make them more easily identifiable.
- For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros forum.